Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rest

Rest...
Something I feel I'm constantly learning. 

This last week we experienced spring break, and it is always amazing to see God work during these times of seemingly inactivity. God has answered so many prayer requests this week, BIG requests, and I think it's to remind me that He doesn't "need a bull from my stall or goats from my pen." (Psalm 50) The world does not stop when I rest. Rest is good. Rest is needed and God works even when we rest. Sometimes I feel like He works even more when I rest because then I can get out of His way, sit back and watch His handiwork. I still struggle with the concept of rest, but my friend Kariann I think summed it up best, she described it as a time to renew. To renew my walk with God, with my husband and friends. To laugh, sleep, read and just be. As the the Psalmest reminds us: "Be still and know that I am God, I WILL be exalted among the nations. I WILL be exalted in the earth." (Ps 46) Nothing can stop God from being exalted. He will do it through me, or without me. But HE will do it! His command to me to rest reminds me of that, "Find rest Oh my soul in God alone, my hope comes from Him." (Ps 62) Rest is a very, very good thing.

No comments: