Thursday, November 13, 2008

His Ways, His Acts


YAY! Our cute little pink/peach house. God is the great provider!

In training yesterday God gave me a quick kick in the behind. We were talking about the Israelites and Moses in the books of Exodus and Numbers. As many of you know, it is full of God's provision and the Isrealities ungratefulness. I don't know about you, but I use to roll my eyes at the Isrealites and guffaw at their constant lack of faith. However, God has really humbled me during these last, almost six months.

We didn't know where we would live, how we would pay our bills or when we would be fully funded, if ever. Some days God gave me the strength to trust. Other days, not so much. Our teacher made a good point though.

Psalm 103: 7
He made known his ways to Moses,
his deeds to the people of Israel:


Moses praised God for His ways, the Isrealites praised God for just His acts.

Moses was constantly praying to know God better in both the good times and the hard times. Though he would get frustrated with the people, his faith in God did not waver. Though he was in charge of over 2 million people INCLUDING his wife and two sons, he still made time to be with God. Moses faithfully followed God and His ways.

In contrast, the people were not concererend with God's ways, but rather with His provision. The would rejoice when things were good and grumble when things were difficult. They would frustrate GOd with their lack of faith and grumbling attidudes. In comparsion to Moses, their responsibilites were simingly small, yet not many of them sought to really know God.

Moses followed for the long run. The Isrealites only followed when things were going well.

So what if it's a long, difficult path for us to be fully funded? So what if this new rental house falls through like the last one? So what if we have to change a tire as we travel to California? So what if the students at SDSU are not responive? There are many things, hard things that God may still have planned for us. Because He loves me, because he wants to grow me. The question is, will I be an Isrealite or a Moses? Will I continue to seek his face during even the hard times? Will I continue being in the Word even when it's hard, or confusing, or seeminingly not encouraging? Will I continue to pray even it feels like He's not listening? Will I continue sharing the truth even when people scoff or ignore me?

Do I rejoice over his ways...or just his acts?

No comments: