Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flowers

              


This is why I do what I do.

This is why I roll over to answer phone calls and texts at midnight. Why I eat sodium enriched Panda (which I'll later regret) while scorching in the heat under at patio someone forgot to put a roof on. Why I show up to a Bible study where everyone forgot to text me that they can't come. Why I invite students to talk about important subjects that make them feel uncomfortable when they'd rather be on facebook. Why I toss and turn at night over poor decisions my student friends make. This is why I gave up teaching music for a time and let God move us to SDSU. Because these flowers remind me SO much of the women God allows me to minister to. When I meet them, I only see a glimpse, a bud of who God created them to be. But as He allows me to see deeper into their lives, as He allows His gospel to penetrate their souls, as he tills and harvests character into their stories, these buds blossom and flourish in ways I could never have imagined. Each one unique. Each one blossoming in it's one time. I see these flowers, in their beauty and they remind me of His women at SDSU. The beauty he has created them into, and the power of His Gospel as it transforms them. I pray I never forget the beauty of every flower bud as I wait for God to begin to open its bloom.

No comments: